Yes, you did read the title right. This cake is non-alcoholic, so put that rum bottle away.
What you need…
½ lb mashed avocado
½ lb agave nectar
8 egg whites
2 tsp lime zest
2 tsp organic vanilla extract
½ lb rice flour
4 tsp baking powder
2 tsp allspice
½ tsp nutmeg
1 lb pitted prunes 1 lb raisins
1 lb currants
2 cups organic black cherry juice
How to do it…
- Place fruit base into a sealed container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Cream mashed avocado and agave nectar.
- Add egg whites, vanilla extract and lemon zest.
- Mix flour, baking powder, allspice and nutmeg together in a separate bowl.
- Sift dry mixture into wet mixture.
- Mix in fruit base.
- Pour batter into baking pan lightly greased with extra virgin olive oil.
- Bake for one hour. (Note – Check on cake at the 45 minute mark. It will be ready when it is browned and slightly moist in the center.)